Wednesday, August 31, 2011

For Ross.... May You Live Forever in Me!

I never will forget,
that fateful day we met,
 So many years gone by,
now you're gone.... Why?
Did nobody see the signs?
all the while you flew so high?
I know I looked away,
never imagining this day.
The day when you would lay your head to rest and never wake again.

I remember the way you took me in, when I had nowhere to go,
You provided me with a best friend, and a home away from home.
You never let me down when I needed you to be there,
even when I drove you nuts, you always found a way to care.

Now you've gone and left me here, feeling so alone.
angry at myself for not helping you, I left you on your own.
I'm sorry Ross, for not returning the exact amount of love....
I know you must be watching me from Heaven up above....
So watch me grow and watch me learn to be,
a better person every day as i lay you to rest inside my heart so deep.
I swore I'd love you til the end of time, and though your time is done,
I'm still here and in me, through me with me, every day you will live on.


Ross J Salazar 4/06/82-11/13/09

No comments:

Post a Comment