Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue.....

That's right! I'm planning my Dream Wedding!

Yes, I'm already married, civilly. But I never got that fairy tale wedding that little girls dream of. Because we're Catholic, we are not considered married through the eyes of The Church. So we have to do it all over again and I'm gonna do it BIG!

I love color. Bright, bold, shiny colors! And I love birds, beautiful  birds. And I love elegance and class. So where did these loves of mine take me as to what my theme will be? PEACOCKS! Vintage hairdos are timelessly elegant and peacocks are boldly colored, poised, beautiful birds.

I had trouble finding a planner within my budget, so I'm planning myself with the help of three magnificent ladies, Dottie Smith from Spring Valley Lake Country Club, Sara from Blooms De Amore, and Cindy of C&T Event Decorators.

My mommy dearest will be helping with hair, my girlfriend Tina is on makeup, and I have three beautiful bridesmaids and a hot maid of honor to help me make my centerpieces of vases filled with green beads and peacock feathers....

My cake will be simple, three tiered white fondant with a different colored ribbon at each tier and a monogrammed cake topper with peacock feathers spilling out of the top....

My dress is a Cinderella ball gown from Alfred Angelo, shimmering beads everywhere! I can't wait to walk down the aisle!

Each bridesmaid will wear a different colored dress that ties into the theme and the groomsman's neckties will match.....

I still haven't picked the bouquets, but between you and me, I feel confident that this wedding will be one to remember.... For a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment