Thursday, July 14, 2011

From "Working Mom" to "Soccer Mom"....

 A lot of people don't know that I became a mother at 21 with no family support and no job, quickly becoming homeless.....

 After my labor, I rapidly lost weight and welfare was not paying the bills. With no work history and a juvenile criminal record, finding a job wasn't easy. A girlfriend of mine kept urging me to try out at a local strip club in Las Vegas.... One thing nobody can ever deny is my need for attention and my competitive desire to be the best, so I danced. And I was GOOD at it!

 I worked at the Spearmint Rhino, the Mile High, Play it Again Sam's, Foxy Girls, Cheetah's and the Badabing for 5yrs, sometimes 16 hours a day.....

 During all this, I lost custody of my daughter because I am bi polar and refused to take my meds. I only had my daughter one week out of every month. And during that week each month, I would get off at 6am, come home, stay up til 8, feed my lil girl, sleep until noon, go out and do whatever it was she wanted to do and be back at work as soon as I tucked her in at 9pm.....


 Last May, I broke my hand on stage. I mean, the bones literally came out of my hand! So I decided to visit my sister in California, the one who had my 5yr old. That's when I met my husband, Ben. Three weeks later we were married.

 I quit dancing, I became a stay at home wife. I started taking my medicine, going to weekly therapy to overcome my anger at my family for not helping me, to learn it was ok to be bi polar if I managed it correctly with medicine and therapy.

 Angelina came to live with me that summer.... I put her in school, took her to church, had her baptised, went on outings.And before you know it, I was pregnant and giving birth to Zoe Jane! I am really good at this "Mom Thing"!

 So last week she tried out for soccer and MADE THE TEAM, yay!

 And that's how I went from being a working mom to a soccer mom, and between you and me, I've never been happier!

2 comments:

  1. That is the stuff of dreams. Congrats to you on coming so far, Sialainie! I back linked you too in my last post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eddie, that means a lot!

    ReplyDelete