Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Married to The Family....

I truly love my husband's family, his blood family that is. Let me explain....

When I met my husband, his older brother and fiance were living with him. My husband and his family are from Mexico, so sometimes there is a communication barrier we try to overcome. Only while I struggled to understand his brother's fiance, SHE SPOKE ENGLISH ALL ALONG! This she-devil spoke English and pretended NOT to so that she didn't have to speak to me! So I, oblivious to the situation, continued to try my best by loaning her things, cooking for her, inviting her everywhere I went. I really opened my heart and tried.

One day, I walk in to find her speaking English to my older sister. I was truly shocked and hurt. But all my husband could say was, "she's not from here, she doesn't understand...." I somehow ended up being the one to apologize foe not being a patient and understanding person. My husband just couldn't believe that she spoke English because she struggled so hard with learning it. Yeah, ok.

As time went by, the problem between my brother in law's fiance and I only grew worse to the point I lost it and told her to just get out of our house. Again, I'm the bad guy. She just happened to take along a few of our belongings, but again, I'm the bad guy.

My husband asks me to attend her wedding. Out of courtesy and respect of Ben, I go. As I approached the bride to congratulate her, she lifts her nose to the air and kept walking, ignoring me. Again, I should have tried harder.

I agree to spend Christmas Eve with his family. As she arrives, I tell myself that things will be different because his whole family is in the room. Snubbed again! Bitch!

So now I'm done. I have tried time and again to be polite, to understand. But I have given all I can give and taken all that I willingly will take. I refuse to be in the room with her. She will never hold my child. Yet my husband sits on the phone with her and when I ask who it is, he throws his finger in the air to put me on hold! So am I pissed? Hell yes I'm pissed! He storms outside like I'm the one in the wrong. Well he can sleep outside for all I care, right next to the dog..... Because he's in the dog house as far as I'm concerned!

So is marriage a bed of roses? At times. And at times it's a bed of manure. Would I trade my marriage? Not for anything in the world. I guess it's true what they say, you don't marry him, you marry his whole family..... Blood and extended. But that's between you and me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment